1908 - 2012 (AND TO DATE)

The Chairman is responsonsible for the leadership of the club and leading the committee to ensure its effectiveness.

1908 to 1916 : MR C.MR NEAVE*

NEAVEClaremont Lawn Tennis Club was founded in 1908 with just three courts by the then Mayor of Claremont,  Mr C W Stewart Neave. Annual subscriptions were 1 Pound 10 Shillings for gentlemen and 1 Pound for ladies. It was established before the Boy Scouts areas (1917) and the adjoining Bowling club (1923). The courts, all of which were gravel courts, were abandoned during the winter and members had to cut their way through the bush to get to the courts for the summer season.  Due to the lack of proper drainage, play was often not possible until the October months.  Lady members had no voice in the management of the club. The original lease was for 5 years to 1913 and renewable again in 1918, 1933 and 1942 and periodically thereafter.





1916 to 1926 : MR A. J. WARD*


Court allocation was to the gentlemen most of the time. Sunday play was strictly prohibited. In 1912 a 4th court became available (now court 8) although the corner was cut off at the far end of Annette Road reserving it as a junior court!  In 1920 the ladies were allowed to vote at the Annual General Meetings which were held at the Avenue Hotel in the Main Road corner of Grove Avenue Claremont. Often there were no matters to discuss at committee meetings in which case the members adjourned to the bar next door. Outside facilities at the courts were very primitive. There was a fairly active junior section, though a strict dividing line between senior and junior players was evident. Two new courts now 3&4 were laid divided by a small fence. 1926 was the year of the Salt River Express Train disaster which was a black day in the history of the Peninsula. Some of our members lost close relatives.


* The exact dates of the tenure of Mr C Neave and Mr A J Ward are uncertain due to no available records. Neither is it 100% certain that these were the only two chairmen during this period.

1926 to 1932 : MR R. PILKINGTON-JORDON

On 6 September 1926, a new bye law was passed whereby 4 balls to be placed on each court twice a week. Any player losing a ball through carelessness to be fined the sum of 9 pence. 27 September 1926 the Committee set aside 25 Pounds for a new pavilion.  The subscriptions were increased to 2 pounds 15 shillings for gentlemen and 1 Pound 12 shillings and six pence for ladies. In 1927 the Ladies threatened "equal rights" or resignation from the club. Team match practice was by invitation only. Tournament prizes totalled 12 pounds 10 shilling and the tournaments often spread over seven weeks. In 1927 the committee were given the authority "to suspend or expel members who may act in a manner detrimental to the club's welfare".  No advertising was allowed on the club's notice boards. Cost of resurfacing all six courts  was 40 Pounds! In 1931 the club faced liquidation.  Official club colours were selected to be: Black Green Yellow Green Black.

1932 to 1934 : MR S. D. MARCUS



The clubs financial saving came from donations from Richard Stuttaford 21 Pounds, Mr Harrison 2 Guineas, Mr Norman Henshilwood 1 Pound 2 shillings, Mr L Spracklen 5 Guineas and Messrs Rose Innes & Jordan 5 Guineas. There were then 21 gentlemen members and 21 lady members. This was at the height of the world depression with unemployment rife and world trade at a standstill.  Difficulty was experienced in getting members to pay their subscriptions. The committee had to battle with a feeling of hostility from members. Team showings in the competitions (except mixed reserve) were described as "disgraceful". To encourage new members the entrance fees were waived. A new lease was signed with the Council. A match ball fee of six pence per match per person was introduced.  The club colours were amended to RED, GREEN and WHITE

1934 to 1936 : MR W. N. DARROLL   

Poor collection of subs made it difficult to pay the club's expenses and numerous letters were sent to defaulters. Over twenty four pounds (14 members) in subs were finally written off.  Application was made to lease the ground next to Thelma Road (today courts 1 & 2) as the dumping of rubbish and garbage was a major problem. Application also made to WPLTA for admission into the Grand Challenge league which was declined. Application for a grant to build a club house was turned down by the council. Attempts were made to play on Sundays but a letter received from the Council forbade this. "Arranged" sets were to be permitted after 5pm on Saturdays and a tea lady appointed for Saturdays at two shillings per afternoon. In 1935 a hedge was planted at the Wynberg end of the courts. (Today courts 7 & 8 ) Balls then cost twelve shillings and sixpence a dozen.

1936 to 1944 : MR J. H. WRAY


WRAYIn 1926 Mr Wray was appointed Junior coach. 50 years later this stalwart of the club was still playing tennis and during most of this time he served on the Committee in various capacities. In 1936 he was elected chairman where he held office for 8 years, the club's longest serving chairman and committee member.  He also stood on the Western Province Lawn Tennis Association Committee. Mr Wray strenuously opposed a proposal that CLTC should leave WPLTA and join the Paragon league. Mr Wray also served as President of the club from 1948 for 10 years. In 1937, subscriptions were reduced by 7.5% due to general hardship. Old balls sold to Bazaars for one shilling per dozen. 1938 winter tennis introduced at one shilling pp per week. 1939 tea may be served at 1 penny per cup and cake a further penny. After nine years as treasurer, Mr Hodgkiss was outvoted by Mr J Strong.  For the first time ladies allowed to be on mixed selection and attend the men's committee meetings. Significantly no juniors under the age of sixteen were to be accepted as members. 1940 dinner and dance tickets cost seven shillings and sixpence a double, and was held at the Masonic Hall Rondebosch with an orchestra. Visitors fees of one shilling introduced.  Members on military duty granted to pay reduced subs of one guinea but payment was to be in advance!  In 1941 membership dwindled and a special levy of five shillings imposed to cover increases in the cost of balls and other rising expenditure. Saturday teas put up to two pence. Tennis balls were rationed. Of 78 members only 44 were playing of which 8 were men. 1943 ladies admitted into Grand Challenge (2wins out of 5). There was a club burglary where all the crockery was stolen!.  Ladies asked to bring their own crockery as replacement difficult. The club thatch blew away in the heavy storms. In 1944 Mr Wray resigned as chairman due to ill health.  A fund  was started for a new club house.  Mr Hartzenberg, groundsman of many years, died.

1944 to 1951 : MR R. TEMPLETON 


TEMPLETONWith the war ending in 1945, a rise in membership took place with the return of many servicemen and considerable inflow of funds. A relief on the ball rationing, which had meant the withdrawal of mixed teams as no balls available.  Mr Littler promised a donation of six hundred and ten pounds for a new club house on condition the members contributed two fifty pounds. 1945 saw many complaints from the bowling club that  CLTC were using their car park. The entrance fees were re-introduced at ten shillings. 1946 the membership was closed as the club was now "full". 20 British settlers were denied membership. 300 pounds was put aside for court renovations.  1948 subs 3 pounds gents, 2 pounds 5 shillings ladies. Approval to spend 700 pounds on a new club house but a council loan offer met no sureties.  Much material was donated by local firms.  Mr Littler's gift did not materialise. Teas now 3 pence.  Ladies told to improve teas or pay higher subs!




1951 to 1952 : MR JOHN MURRAY

At the WPLTA Dunlop balls were considered so poor they, and CLTC switched to Slazenger. WPLTA also considering moving away from Rondebosch. Still no response received as to the publication of the teams' log results by WPLTA. The league teams now 8 per team. 1951 Mr Houba was approached to coach the juniors. At this stage the courts were still gravel and resurfacing a constant problem and  expensive at 138 pounds. The courts remained closed for winter months. The new club house was a success and members contributed well to the furnishings and kitchen etc. The main area remained open. 7 of the 11 trees were cut down. Mr Murray complained that the members had not pulled their weight . The Tournament was not held and the Ladies team was relegated. The club was once again broken into in the winter.  WPLTA Capitation fees doubled to six shillings per member. "A" and "B" sections for social play was introduced.

1952 to 1953 : MR W. KATZ

The court resurfacing was poor which caused endless problems. Play on Sundays as well as Saturdays now became popular. The "book" which determined  sets was administered by a committee member segregating "A' and "B" players. Members regularly complained over grading and league status and collection of subscriptions remained a problem.  Burglaries were common and the Claremont Police Station were instructed to arrest any individual found on the club premises at night. Generally decided not to allow schools to play on courts except Berkley House at a fee of seven and sixpence per court.  For the second year in a row, club championships were not completed.  Mr Nussbaum resigned as treasurer as the club's finances took a dive. Mr. J  Murray took over to put the books into some sort of order. Ladies tea duty fell away following the increase in their subscriptions.

1953 to 1957 : MR W. FRIEDLAENDER

Being gravel courts still, they were only opened for play late September. A men's working party (1st on record) was formed for urgent repairs to courts and club house as no funds available. This included a barbed wire fence. Such was the demand for courts, an announcement was made in the Argus and Times as to when the courts were available for play. Loss of tennis balls a major problem and expense. Mr Friedlaender reversed the financial slide and subs were increased  in 1954 to 4 guineas men and three pounds ten shillings for ladies to meet future costs. Plans for winter play were again abandoned due to inclement weather. Mr Friedlander stressed that the club was run for too long by too few and requested all members to get more involved. The committee was successful in a motion to WPLTA for promotion relegation for 2nd league places. This would attract good players to CTC. However, plans afoot to quit WPLTA and join the Paragon League.

1957 to 1965 : MR GIF MARSH

Gif Marsh, joined in the mid fifties and became Chairman at a critical time.  Morale was down and the club again faced liquidation. The motion to join the Paragon league and quit WPLTA was opposed by Gif Marsh and rejected at the AGM 1956. WPP School permitted to hire courts at 5 shillings per court per hour. Gif's service to the club was rewarded with an honorary life membership and he became president after his tenure as Chairman in 1965. Subscriptions were raised to R15 for gentlemen and ladies (no discrimination!) and R7 for weekday members. Entrance fees were set at R5. In 1962, two courts were converted to all weather courts. Players had to play before committee members before being accepted to the club. If approved they were graded "A" or "B" according to standard. Social play was strictly controlled by the "book method" run in relative secrecy by Bert Clarke.

1965 to 1969 : MR BERT CLARKE

BERT CLARKKnown to all as Bert, he joined the club in 1962. This was a turning point in the club's success. With membership 159 seniors and 46 juniors there were  league promotions and Ladies first and second leagues were granted Saturday play. In 1966, the remaining 4 courts were converted to all weather financed by a council loan. 1967 Philip Soderland started the junior centre.  By 1969 there were 101 juniors in his camp. The constitution was amended to allow lady  team selectors to serve on selection, previously only allowed if the said lady played mid week league.   Match secretaries were introduced . A public phone box and electricity were installed, and plans were passed in 1969 for the club house extensions.  Bert was made Vice President in 1969 and President in 1970 a position he held until he died in 2006. He was also made an honorary life member for his services to the club.  Bert , a very fit man even played a league match at the age of 82.




1969 to 1972 : MR BRIAN ANDERSON

BRIAN ANDERSONWith plans passed for the extensions, Brian's committee had to raise the required capital of R4,050 which was achieved through fundraising and 6% & 7% debenture issues.  A penalty of R1 per day for late completion was agreed by the contractors. Insurance to cover "earthquakes" cost  R4.53 per annum. A trophy was donated by Brian Seymour for the most improved player, no member to receive the award more than once. A Club badge was designed by Frank Devlin.  A "tea girl" was appointed for Saturday afternoons and two ladies were requested to supply "eats". Two Syringa trees were planted on the side of courts 5 & 6. A retaining wall was built for  the courts in front of the club house.  Courts were hired to WPPS at a charge of R1 per day per court.  Proposed WPLTA capitation fees increases from  50c to R1 per member were deemed not affordable by CLTC.  A proposal of starting league at 1.30pm was regarded as too early and was rejected! The  annual dance to be held cost R2.50 per person for a four course meal.



1972 to 1979 : MR DAVE SCOTT

DAVE SCOTTDave joined CLTC Feb 1957. As chairman he put a tremendous amount of time into the promotion of juniors. He was junior secretary for many years and promoter of the junior tennis centre with Jaroslav Houba and Philip Soderland. Many of the juniors came through the system as strong full members and assisted in the rise of overall success of the club.  Dave also initiated enquiries into flood lights but at R500-R1,000 per court deemed too expensive. With the new club house up and running, Bernie Heiberg was held responsible for the selling of beers! Playing of darts was banned while tennis was still in progress. The Club's league success meant more teams and negotiations with Rustenberg for use of their courts was arranged. WPLTA capitation fees were increased to 75c per member. Membership reached 202 and subs R18 p.a. entrance fee R7. The year end changed to 30 April. An entrance gate was erected to keep the children in! and the councol refused our request to widen Annette Road to ease parking problems. With the club growing fast, Dave announced CLTC was now the fifth largest in the province with senior members 176 and juniors totalling 112. With the men's league doing so well , it was decided not to accept any further male league players. In May 1976 the membership was declared full and a waiting list started. However finances became a cause for concern and a  voluntary levy of R3 was imposed. This raised R440 , enough to keep the club afloat. Saturday nights became very popular and snacks were provided by Grazyna Narozny which were most welcomed. Court availability became a problem on Saturdays but four courts remained for social play while league teams played at school courts. Club denied paying players to gain top league status. Non-whites were given the OK to play WPLTA league. The first "bar" was installed in 1977 and official barmen put on duty. In Dave's term of office there were twenty three promoted league teams.

1979 to 1981 : MR CHRIS ADAMS

1 16With promotion to 1st league tennis in 1978, the so called closed shop of top league tennis had been broken. Chris's ambition was to go one further and win the top honour.  There was criticism by the media that CLTC had "bought" players but it was later revealed that Chris and a wealthy member had personally sponsored these players, not the club.  However it was not until 2004 that the club finally achieved this dream. The club was vibrant with success and the most supported club championships in years which culminated with an ox spit roast organised mainly by Chris, Richard and Margot Prosser, Ralph and Irene Adley, Kit Curling and Jim Hudson and many others. The fires were lit at 4am ready for 7pm!  Plans were approved and the work completed for new toilets and changing rooms and repairs to the roof of the club house were finally completed. Chris's "work parties" were well supported although your author was banned from ever using a paint brush at the club again!!!
The approach to amalgamate with the Bowling Club was turned down by the Bowlers which they later regretted.



1981 to 1984 : MR RICHARD PROSSER

2 14Richard joined the club in 1975 and held many positions on the committee before becoming chairman in 1981. He has been an ever present social and lower league player from joining the club to date. Carrying on the finals day tradition, a spit roast braai was held in 1982 attended by 198 members and guests despite the finals themselves being postponed due to rain. Only one of the pre bought ticket holders did not attend.  Richard  is an enthusiastic fund raiser for the club and numbers were not a problem. With the assistance of Janet Condy, six hundred and twenty five tickets were sold for the Premier of "Murder on the Nile" held at the Baxter theatre which raised considerable funds for the club. WPLTA allowed the ladies third league and down to play on Saturdays which greatly strengthened our ladies section. Family discounts were introduced to encourage full family membership.  A bench was erected in honour of Philip Soderland for his contribution to the junior section following his untimely death in 1983. A club safe was installed to strengthen bar controls. In 2006, Richard became vice president.


1984 to 1985 : MR COLIN HAEFELE

3 13Colin spent several years as treasurer before swapping positions with Richard and taking the chairman's seat for just one year. Membership reached new record levels of 285 and the club continued success in the leagues and social play. The club had five men's, three ladies and six mixed teams. Five of the teams won promotion. Week ends away were often organised and were very popular. Although the exact year is not clear, it was around this time that the "book" system for determining social sets was discarded and a new system was introduced by Anton Wolheim. The board system holds the players name on a tag and works by rotation. This idea was very successful and is still in operation today, although at times is known to be "fiddled".





1985 to 1988 : MR KEN HODGE

4 10With the club virtually bursting at its seams, the need for two new courts was a priority. Ken, a land surveyor, with  major assistance of Geoff Parker and Paul Kramer, went about obtaining the top piece of ground from the Council and building these two new courts. In December 1986, a well constructed motivation for financial assistance was put to the council and a grant of R20,000 was given in addition to the extended lease. The court numbers were revised, the new ones being 1 and 2 etc. The balance of funds required was raised by issue of life membership for just R1,000. On the tennis side, a record was established when six of our seven mixed teams won promotion. The other side finished 4th in the very top flight. Subscriptions were increased to R84 per full member juniors just R24. Added security alarms were installed as yet another burglary occurred. Lisa Low hit the front page of the Argus after her league match with Esme  De Villiers. After 4 hours of continual play, she won the first set 6-2! One rally lasting 16 minutes was recorded.  Beers were sold at 90cents each. 12 "Arbor Day" trees were planted.


1988 to 1990 : MR BRETT WILLIAMS

5 12Following the two new courts and the ever increasing popularity of the club and the success in league and many social activities, there was a need to expand the club house and improve the overall image of the bar and the controls. Ralph Adley was closely involved in the design and construction of  the enlarging of the club house. This created the space for the new bar, which was designed by Peter Clemence.  A secure store room was built off the back of the bar,  with a separate entrance for deliveries. The front store room was converted into a useful "committee room". A great deal of fundraising was undertaken during this time thanks to the hard working social committee. Although the exact number of members is not on record, the club reached a peak with over three hundred in all categories of membership.





6 11George served just the one year as chairman and this was his only position on the committee. A regular social attendee but outside the requirements of a league player. There was little to report during the year with the teams doing reasonably well with four gaining promotion, but three being relegated. The highlight was that WPLTA introduced the first ever veterans league into its calendar and Claremont were the outright winners without losing a match. George's committee increased the price of tea on a Saturday to three Rand which members refused to accept resulting in a "tea" boycott and the price being put back to one Rand.





1991 to 1993 : MR KEVIN BELL

7 12Kevin joined the club in the late eighties and had had previous experience of chairman in his club in Durban. His election to the chair came at a time when filling committee positions were hard due to a general resistance by club members to put a fair share of their time into running the club despite enjoying the benefits of it's success in the league and the social play. His committee decided to experiment reducing the number of committee members to a basic five positions. This unfortunately did not go well as each member began to "do their own thing". The controls fell away and the resultant qualified audit report caused quite a stir and had the desired effect at the AGM of 1993 in electing the old style full committee.  Kevin was determined to improve the facilities of the club and put in a huge amount of effort in securing the installation of flood lights for courts 5 and 6. With the efforts of Vernon Siebert, a sell out of 250 people went to see the premier of "Sleepless In Seattle" at the local theatre. A function which raised considerable funds for the club.



1993 to 1996 : MR CLIVE VALENTINE

8 9Clive, a lawyer, put a tremendous effort into bringing the club back in line.  With 'job descriptions" and "goals" for his committee, tremendous strides forward were achieved. This solid team , installed a TV, added to the bar facilities, including an indoor braai, and installed tight controls over balls and the bar where theft equivalent to 300 beers a month were evident. New and old balls were also stolen. Burglaries still plagued the club. The use of Herschel Courts for league were obtained after many years of trying, on a reciprocal basis for the club's courts. The Council charged heavy rates (R500) pm but under joint protest from several clubs, these were dropped the following year. The grounds, club house and especially repairs to the sewers, received attention. Vagrants became a major problem. League apathy crept in and a squad system was tried which was a success for the period when there were sufficient players for this to work.




1996 to 1999 : MR NICK SCOTT

9 12During this period, the club membership exceeded 250 in all categories. With three coaches, the club was in a strong position. Despite this, the club championships received little support and the general apathy towards league play continued  resulting in team withdrawals and TWP fines. Efforts to revive Sunday play were unsuccessful but the social side held very successful events including dinners, dances, trivial pursuit evenings and a talent show.  An auction was highly successful and R8,000 raised to re-carpet and tile the club house and re-upholster the chairs. Nick was eventually successful in leasing the ground behind the Scout Hall for member parking. A burglar alarm and extra burglar bars were fitted to fend away the growing vagrant problem. An open day was highly successful and seven new members joined as a result. After several attempts, the constitution was re-written and approved. A jungle Gym beside courts 1 and 2 was donated by the Douw and Christine Steenkemp.



1999 to 2001 : MR KEN HODGE

010There was general disappointment that Cape Town was not awarded the 2008 Olympic games. This was Ken's second stint as Chairman and came at a time when there was an overall decline in tennis popularity around the Cape although CTC was financially very sound. Ken urged members not to drift away to smaller clubs which concentrated only on social play and carried lower subscriptions. He very much promoted the social aspect of play and activities with his committee re-introducing "line calls" on Friday nights, held "Beer Fest' evenings and organised a dinner and dance at the Range in Tokai. The vagrant problem persisted which drove members away from the new parking area.  A larger hot water cylinder was installed, new fencing on courts 1 and 2, and night lights on the practice court were put up. Plans for a new kitchen were tabled. A strong club championship was played and R48,000 spent on court re-surfacing. Membership fell to 207 members but bar shrinkage declined substantially. John Lewis proved to be an excellent groundsman.



2001 to 2003 : MR JAMES COLLETT

011James joined CTC in 1997 and soon joined the committee as treasurer and then Chairman in 2001 at a time when Western Province Tennis was experiencing a substantial decline. During his tenure, James oversaw a number of successful initiatives to improve the club's financial position despite a small decline in membership. The reintroduction of a ball levy for league matches and  the organising of successful social events raised substantial cash.  During 2002, the club was used for shooting a TV commercial on courts 5 and 6. The location fee netted the club R14,000 and in addition, the two courts were resurfaced by the production company which in itself was worth some R40,000. The club also saw Dean Botha replace the ISA with the specific objection of junior tennis development and getting the 1st men's team back into the premier league. Both these initiatives proved highly successful. Renovations to the kitchen and repainting the club house were completed in 2002. League sides did well and CTC collected 9 certificates at the TWP dinner, second only to Camps Bay who collected 11.



2003 to 2006 : MR ANDRE BASSON

012Andre joined the club in 1967 as a junior, and has been a regular league, social and committee member. As chairman he faced normal club state of affairs paying particular attention to grounds maintenance and the decline in lower league enthusiasm. The club welcomed the 21st century with a move to contact members by email, internet banking and a club website. The vagrant problem was addressed and trees and shrubs were trimmed back and rubble was cleared in the area adjacent to court 8 to remove "inhabited " areas. With the purchase of flood lights from TWP and the resultant quote for installation (R60,000) some quick thinking was needed. It was decided to use the lights only and the poles were sold as scrap for R15,000. The Bowling Club closed in 2006 and the site became a traffic department depot with a view to later build low cost housing. At this point CTC membership was 180, the 2nd highest in the Cape behind Constantia with 204. Fund raising was strong and an auction raised R11,000. Despite a decline in numbers, the Ladies refused gentlemen permission to join in their "morning social"!



2006 to Present (2010) : MR STIX GALLOWAY

013Stix became our 27th Chairman of the Club's Century. His enthusiasm and well being for the Club puts him among one of the club's finest chairmen in our history. While the club has faced many a financial crisis during its one hundred years, Stix's sound business sense has ensured financial security for many years to come. Relationships were established with "Blu Ink Investment", Herschel and Western Province Preparatory School for court hire on a three year contract. This injected cash inflows of a substantial nature which has financed much needed refurbishment of the club house and new signage. In addition he raised donations of over R70,000 from members (to date) for the new security fencing around our perimeter. Our centenary celebrations were started at Kelvin Grove where 250 current and prior members attended a gala ball. Some previous members flew in from the UK for the event.  Special guest being Violet who served Saturday teas at the club for over 30 years and knew all the guests. Stix also constantly updated the Club Constitution. The club closes its one hundred years with 197 members, strong social and high flying league teams.




2010 to 2014 : MRS GIL WILIAMS

GILONHISTORYPAGEGil became the first female to take the position of Chairlady in the club's history. She is also the wife of Brett Williams who was Chairman in 1988 to 1990. Gil first started with the club back in 1969 when she received coaching from Philip Soderland.  She left the club in 1974 and rejoined again in 1994. Her time as Chairlady is noted by the fact that it was really the women who were the most involved in the club, a far cry from way back when lady members had no voice in the management of the club. The challenges that faced the club during these years were numerous especially with the construction of "The Herschel" and the WHBO building site where the Claremont Bowling Club used to be situated. The problems that ensued included the site crane dripping oil onto courts 7 and 8, the noise and disruption caused by having a building site right on the Club boundary and parking problems. Gil also had to battle with the Cape Town City Council in getting them to knuckle down and sign a lease with the club following objections by WHBO. Eventually, after three years of negotiations, the Council signed a ten year lease up until 2021. Theft from the bar and theft from members' belongings was also a big problem, which the club was able to resolve. Vagrants continued to be a nuisance, and as a result the club had to spend a great deal of money on cutting back bushes and grass. During these years, the Club saw many achievements on and off the courts. The installation of a pay system for the floodlights was introduced as the rising costs of electricity needed funding. The entrance was upgraded, including the laying of new paving and the landscaping of the front gardens. Meanwhile, the results of the teams in the league were excellent rivalling the successes achieved in the 1980's. The Ladies doubles first team winning the top honour for three years in a row, and the Mixed first team winning the Premier League for the first time in the Club's history and by record margin! The Men's first team were also victorious in winning the Premier League for the second time in 2011. Membership hovered arround the 200 mark with approximately 70 active league players and a well supported social section. In August 2012, the club held a very successful evening at the Fugard theatre for the stage show Kats and Kings. All 230 tickets were sold to club members and their friends thus raising substantial funds for the Club. In May 2013 the old sliding doors were replaced with smart new aluminium sliding doors enhancing the club house appearance considerably. The club again hired the Fugard in October 2014 for The Rocky Horror Picture Show. This was extremely popular and raised over R20,000 for the Club.

2014 to Present : MR NEIL KISCH